TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #683
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anetts chiasso field released tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully weaker than last years
I think that if she can get 60 points approximately (winner in tunis and quarters in chiasso or semis in chiasso finals in tunis) that would be a good result. I have thought of a potentially good schedule (i hope she reads and chooses this one :
1. 25K Tunis
2. 25K Chiasso
3. Week Off
4. G1 Italy
5. GA Italy
6. Week Off
7. French Open
8. Week Off
9. 25K Kristinehamm
10. Week Off/G1 Roehampton
11. Wimbledon
12. Week Off
13. WTA Bastad
14. WTA Baku

I know its quite packed but I belive that it gets the most out of the tournaments

My reasoning:
1 + 2: I wouldnt have put these but shes already committed
3 + 4 + 5: She can head to Italy and play some matches to get used to teh flow of juniors again and get her ranking up
6 + 7: She could play Astrid Bowl in week 6 but 6 tournaments in 7 weeks is hard work especially if your reaching the last few days of every one. Plus, the ranking points for this tournament dont count for French Open Seedings. French Open is a good choice and if she can get around 1000 Points alltogether from these junior events (including doubles) she might get more junior exempts for next year, if she needs them
8 + 9: It would be nice to play an easier 25K which it wwill be because all the players in the top 220 will be a wimbly qualies and she should get into maindraw
10: I think she should have a week off and practice for wimbledon instead of going from clay to grass in potentially a day, especially when she hasnt had much experience on grass. It has worked for champions like sharapova and willimas in the past
11: Wimbledon juniors may be her last slam
12: Week off for training
13 + 14: Weaker Wtas which she can play to get some more experience. A WC may be necessary for Bastad but I highly doubt it for Baku. She has a good chance of making some Maindraws and except for the quick change of surface, these tournaments would be perfect. To add to the normal weakness of these tournaments, they also collide with the US hardcourt swing this year due to olympics, meaning they will be even weaker

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote