TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Official Tournament Winners by Event

View Single Post

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:05 PM   #60
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all
Re: Official Tournament Winners by Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo109 View Post
Nice was a complicated venue, because besides "South of France Champs." there were at least other two tournaments: "Nice Lawn Tennis Club Champs." and "Tournoi International de la ville de Nice".
I put in a file with a honour roll of "Tournoi International de la ville de Nice" , taken from an official programme.
It's need check with the years of thread "Women's Tennis Results", because some years have the same winners of "South of France Champs."
Hello, Mauro,

I can guarantee that the results I submitted are all from the South of France Championships because I took them all from the original sources in "Lawn Tennis"/"Lawn Tennis and Badminton"/"Lawn Tennis and Badminton", etc.

It's clear that the "Tournoi International de la ville de Nice", for which you've provided a link, is the South of France Championships tournament because all of the winners are the same for the years I've given.

1928 B. von Reznicek = Baroness von Reznicek. She was German, not Austrian.

1938 M. Wheeler = Mlle Wheeler/Gracyn Wheeler, who was American, not British.

Mark

Last edited by newmark401 : Mar 22nd, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote