TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's Coach

Thread: Maria's Coach
View Single Post

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #7
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's Coach

I believe that Hogstedt has been fantastic, and I don't think he's done all he has. People are forgetting how she played for most of the AO andthe notable improvements there. I'll see after a few more tournaments, but I do feel that Hoggys idiotic ''choke'' statements and ''push mode'' statements have no place on Masha's court. However, most of the time he is brilliant when he is on court.

If by then end of the year Masha still hasn't improved she'll need to bring in some ATP coach legend or bring Yuri back, Yuri would work wonders for her confidence.

A lot of people seem to think she's incapable of being aggressive, see '12 AO SF. The problem, I think, is that either Maria or Hoggy thinks that she shouldn't be that kind of aggressive against Vika. All in all I say bring Yuri back - nobody is gonna motivate her better than him, he would be killing her on the practice courts and make her believe that she is Masha Fierce again. After this season Vika and Petra will be the only true threats, '05/'06 Maria would dominate these Bitches never mind '08.