TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Miami. 2012

Thread: Miami. 2012
View Single Post

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #3
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami. 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
If she doesn't withdraw (which I'm still not 100% sure about), I REALLY hope she draws Kim Even though I'd give Kim a slight edge on hardcourts (assuming she's inform), I just want to see them play atleast one more time before Kim retires, firstly for the sake of the WTA and also because for whatever reason Maria just always seems to be really up for it whenever she plays any of the old guard bar Serena. Probably her best tennis of 2009-10 was in those first two sets against Kim in Cincinnati (before the choke), and also the way she was so fearless against Justine at RG back in 2010. Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now
This also because I hate the fluke H2H with Clijsters, 5-3 in Kim's favour - 2 from '03 and another 2 matches ('05 USO SF and '10 Cinci final) that Masha should have won.

I'm not sure whether she'll play either but if she does I'd like a SF just for the points or a QF at the very least.