TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Following the Family Tradition: Maria Sakkari

View Single Post

Old Mar 11th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #12
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Following the Family Tradition: Maria Sakkari

Maria played a 10K in India this week:
R1: Sakkari GRE d. (Q) Zhu CHN (#1031) 6-2 6-4
R2: Sekulic GER (#762) d. Sakkari GRE 6-1 6-2
Pretty good week I guess . Maria is younger and higher ranked than Sekulic but Sekulic is only 19 and was in the top 450 before so I guess the loss was pretty expected . I like how Maria is playing a lot of ITFs now but I wish she still played some junior tournaments so she can win more and gain confidence and also it would've been nice to see how she would do in the junior slams

After R1, Maria said that playing in India was cool and a good experience because the conditions are tough and she plays with different players since in the European tournaments she plays mostly against European girls but now she is playing against Asian girls so it is different for her

After R2, Maria said that Sekulic played well and didn't allow her to play her game and there was not much she could do

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote