TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

View Single Post

Old Mar 11th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #24
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vamos Valentini Grammatikopoulou!! Cheering thread!

Valentini this week at a G3 in Costa Rica:
Singles:
QR1: (2) Grammatikopoulou GRE vs. BYE
QR2: (2) Grammatikopoulou GRE d. Linares VEN (#810) 6-2 6-0
QR3: (2) Grammatikopoulou GRE d. Navarro Oliva MEX (#967) 6-2 6-2
R1: (Q) Grammatikopoulou GRE d. (1) Brady USA (#47) 2-6 7-6 6-3
R2: (Q) Grammatikopoulou GRE d. Cancini VEN (#504) 6-4 6-3
QF: (Q) Grammatikopoulou GRE d. (7) Runglerdkriangkrai THA (#265) 6-3 6-1
SF: (Q) Grammatikopoulou GRE d. McAdoo USA (#457) 6-3 6-2
F: (2) Julia Elbaba USA (#126) d. (Q) Valentini Grammatikopoulou GRE 3-6 6-3 6-4
Great week
Shame about the final. She was probably tired from the long week she had and she had to play qualies too . She's now 0-2 in ITF junior finals after winning the first set in both of them. She really should've won that G4 in Mexico last year as she had to retire when she was leading by a set and a break . But another great week and this puts her in the top 310 and she will be the #1 Greek junior . She may not hold that position for long though as Kairi will be right behind her, but just amazing progress so far this year and she's still barely played! I was starting to doubt her last year after how poorly she played in those junior tournaments in the US but then she played well in the Nike Junior World Championships and Orange Bowl and now this year she has continued her good form . I'm not sure what her next tournament is but it would be pretty cool if she comes to Greece to play the 10K's in April on Crete, although it seems pretty unlikely since she's now based in the US. I definitely think she should have goals to crack the top 100 this year and get a WTA ranking, and she may crack the top 100 pretty soon, so maybe even higher in the junior rankings
Lost doubles R1. She would do better in doubles I guess if she had some better partners
Photo from Costa Rica:

And a photo from the Tim Essone U14 last year, where Valentini won the title and was featured on this year's tournament advertisement poster:

And from WTA Washington DC last year:

EDIT-I see that her next tournament will be a G4 in Turkey the week of 2 April . So I guess she will skip the first Greek 10K and play that in Turkey and then from there go to Greece to visit her family, spend Easter there, and maybe play a 10K or two . I also see that there are many G2 and G3 tournaments in Europe in April, May, and June and really nothing big in the Americas so maybe she might even play junior RG and Wimbledon . But that might be too early for her. No matter where she plays, I am very confident about her future and I have a feeling its going to be a fun year in this thread

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote