TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Indian Wells 2012

View Single Post

Old Mar 6th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #26
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells 2012

First of all, I don´t understand why some think that Sabine was unlucky with her draws this year.
I mean, her draws were decent, Vögele in 1st round of Melbourne, then sucky Peer. In Doha she faced tired and slightly injured Kerber and in Dubai she replaced Kvitova and got a BYE before facing Benesova in 2nd round...not that unlucky in general

Her draw in Indian Wells is OK as well.
I mean, Sabine often needs a match to get into some rhythm and Martinez Sanchez ( who whould win her first round match IMO) is a good opponent for a first round. Sabine already won against her and she is not that impressive lately anyway. But sure, u never know with Sabine, especially when she is still not at 100%.
Sabine on a bad day can lose to anyone just as she usually beats herself then.
So I actually just expect her to win her first round match somehow and then it just depends on her form, Kirilenko isn´t anything special but will take advantage of it for sure when Sabine makes too many UEs or when she gets tired to early.

We´ll see, draw isn´t that bad, she could easily reach QF here as well but I don´t think about that yet, especially as she often had disappointing results here in IW (losing to Arn,Vesnina,Cirstea )
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote