TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D

View Single Post

Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 09:16 PM   #3760
country flag Vlover

Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute Vlover has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by winone23 View Post
Yes tennis has been very boring without Venus, I was always a casual football fan and now since Venus (& Serena) have been out I have started watching football full-time and I'm starting to love it just as much as tennis. I'm a Giants/Eli fan so I was very happy with outcome
I lived in NY years ago and now in NJ so I remain Giants fan! I do have other interests that I use to fill the void with the absence of Vee as well. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that she is able to play Miami because the wait is causing me some anxiety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ico4498 View Post
winone23 posted a nice blurb in the interviews & articles thread about VStarr getting a fat hotel contract & we both marveled at the mercurial passing of time. i remember quite a few of her supporters in an uproar when she started the business. 'concentrate on your tennis!' was the word

from pursuing an improbable Compton tennis dream, withdrawing from juniors, playing a schedule that suited her, aggressive management of her celebrity, fashion school, businesses, etc ... its clear Vee is not merely comfortable walking against the grain, she probably feels quite at home. Vee is gonna do Vee, i just love dat!

i really appreciate the encouragement you've always shown. i try to improve but time thinks my butt is a soccer ball.
I also admire the way she does her own thing regardless of what anyone else says or does. It is remarkable that she has lived a full life simultaneously along her career. I think she is the role modle for other female athletes that ou dont't have to stick with the conventional way.

Loves your Vee pics also!