TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:07 PM   #3813
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

fashionpova talking about fashion week
Quote:
MARIA’S ROLE MODELS: Maria Sharapova found lots of inspiration during last week’s New York Fashion Week. When she talks about the experience, Sharapova sounds like an aspiring ready-to-wear designer. “I’m putting the finishing touches on my fall-winter 2012 Cole Haan collection,” she said. “The use of a neutral color palette that Vera Wang showcased in her show — gray and blush — is found in my Cole Haan collection. In thinking about spring-summer 2013 for Cole Haan, I found the use of embellishment and rich materials at the Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta shows, and the lace detailing at Rodarte, to be very directional.” Sharapova collaborates with Nike on tennis apparel and Cole Haan on footwear and handbags. “This was my second visit to New York Fashion Week,” Sharapova said. She offered her own show reviews.

On Vera Wang: “The elegance of Vera Wang was breathless to watch. She worked elegant and romantic materials in a neutral gray and nude color tone.”

On Rodarte: “From patterned coats to knee-high lace-up boots, Rodarte had a clever energy, opening the show with one of my favorite U2 tunes.”

On Marc Jacobs: “It was the over-the-top hats and the fabrics that caught my eye — brocades, tweeds and tulles with pops of color on a palette of blacks and grays.”

On Oscar de la Renta: “A blend of a classic ladylike looks with a modern twist and intricate embellishment on traditional silhouettes or gorgeous ballgowns with tulle skirts that looked as if they could float down the runway. My favorite look was a white minidress adorned with paillettes and a puffed skirt.”

Even if Sharapova never designs rtw, she may have a career as a fashion critic.
http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fash...19?src=twitter

and I thought we were avoiding U2.