TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Early winners of the women's singles event at the Scottish Tennis Championships (1886

View Single Post

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Early winners of the women's singles event at the Scottish Tennis Championships (

Quote:
It would be great if anyone could add in some more of the missing first names. Only two of the winners' first names remain to be added - that of M. Boulton, the first ever winner, and M. Crawford, the winner in 1903.
I wish I had first names to add. No such luck.

Max Robertson mentions a book from the Scottish LTA titled Fifty Years of Lawn Tennis in Scotland. (1927). Has anyone had a chance to peruse this book?

The other tidbit he provides concerns the first women's event in 1886. "Seven ladies from 4 families competed and the final, won by Miss M Boulton, was over five sets." (p. 315 of Robertson's Encyclopedia of Tennis.)
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote