TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Feb 21st, 2012, 08:09 AM   #3484
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

I'm not sure if Martian was around here before me or not but I do remember his posts circa late 2010 and they were much more reasonable. He could still be very critical but at that time he wasn't nearly as...extreme... as he was the last few times he posted here. Of course at that time Caroline was very much ascendant so it was hard to be too negative about her and her results. If my memory serves me Martian disappeared from here for most of 2011 and I don't think he returned until late summer or early fall 2011 and his posts at that time were much more critical/negative mirroring her results.

Actually I think he is similar to me. I don't think he ever hated Caroline or was happy that she was struggling. I think he was frustrated that she was not fulfilling her potential. I felt/feel very much the same and sometimes I am accused of being too negative. I think (and hope) that the difference is that I never go too far while unfortunately Martian really went too far in his criticisms of Caroline and her game.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!