TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Camila Giorgi Cheering Thread!!

View Single Post

Old Feb 19th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #806
country flag Gasquetrules

Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all
Re: Camila Giorgi Cheering Thread!!

Checked the event out, and it's not a major WTA event, not on the same level as the Men's tournament. At first I was crushed to see that Camila had been thrown in against the top seed, Nadia Petrova. But after some thought, I like the matchup. Camila can go in with guns blazing and with no pressure or expectation to win. Petrova has been a great player in the past, but she is clearly on the decline in the women's game. Her best days are past, just like the Williams sisters. If Camila can serve well, I think she has a chance. And by serve well, I mean just not hit a lot of double faults. Just get the serve in and move it around the box do hopefully Petrova will at least have to guess a bit and not get really grooved on her returns. Camila likes pace, and Petrova can provide that. But I have to believe that Camila will be able to cover the court better than the big Russian, who -- again, is getting on in tennis years. Will Camila pull the upset? Who knows. But it could happen. If she goes out there and keeps her wits about her, holds serve and stays even with Petrova for the first few games, anything can happen.
Gasquetrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote