TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Babos Timea

Thread: Babos Timea
View Single Post

Old Feb 15th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #379
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Babos Timea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battiv View Post
In your opinion what's the favourite surface of Timea? I thought the fast courts, to use better her serve, but it seems that she looks for clay tournaments. What do you think?
Hungary is a "clay court nation". 99% of tennis courts are outdoor clay because its the cheapest. Outdoor hard... close to zero. Some clubs have few indoor courts.
That means every junior learns to play on clay, that will be their "natural habitat" for long time. That doesnt mean clay suits their game perfectly, but they are more comfortable and having more confidence there. (Its similar with Kvitova, whose game absolutely not suited for clay, but she is very comfortable there. More than Wozniacki for example.)

I think Timi can be succesful on both hard and clay.
Dont think this week means anything, because they made calendar this way. (next week Monterrey is hard, than Acapulco is clay again ) Its no problem finding easy way up on the rankings if it possible. Stupid who doesnt make her own luck.