TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Shahar Cheering Thread 2012

View Single Post

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #10
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shahar Cheering Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
Retool? Did you see her against Sveta and Serena in 2007?
She needs to wake up and understand that her relationship with her coach does NOT help her game. And you need to start being realistic - she lost to De Brito, Baltacha, Wozniak, Dellqcua and Glushko this year and she keeps thinking she's still a top player which isn't true obviously.
So yeah, maybe dropping out of the top 100 or even just the 50 would help her. Obviously if she doesn't change anything in her game it's not that far from happening (saying goodbye to the top 50).
Yes I do, I'm not saying doesn't need to change her coach, I agree this guy isn't helping. I also agree that she needs to try to be more aggressive but her changing her game into just whacking the ball like Cibulkova does is a stupid plan. Her defense was one of her weapons and she used her craftiness on court. I honestly can't imagine her hitting multiple big strikes in a row, especially off the FH side.

Falling out of the top 50 may help but not top 100. Top 100 and she'll be screwed on getting into most tournaments. She doesn't need to get false hope on the ITF tour, she needs to be playing in MD's and work on beating the mid ranked players before she can start challenging the top players again.