TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Indian Wells 2012: Leggo, Heaux!

View Single Post

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #25
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells 2012: Leggo, Heaux!

Even though winning the Paris title wouldn't've meant much in itself (as in, it wouldn't've been something that at the end of the season we would've picked out as one of her highlights), it probably would've been good in giving her some momentum heading into the events that matter....so today's loss kind of sucks in that regard.

But hopefuully now she takes a few days off to recover from her cold and emotionally, and then REALLY steps it up in practice over the next few weeks. I'm going to need her to win either IW or Miami. To do which she needs to work on her forecourt game At both the AO and here, she squandered so many points by either missing swing volleys/short ball putaways, or hitting them tamely and right to her opponent. I can only assume it's because she just hasn't been pracitising it, because she used to be so good at it as recently as 2009 (i.e. post-surgery). Her serve and footwork which were her undoing most of the time last season have looked much better sofar this season, so hopefully that does free her up to work on her forecourt game in practise now. Rushing to the net and killing off the points there is an absolutely ESSENTIAL tactic for her against the Azarenkas and Wozniackis, who really aren't that quick in raw footspeed and wouldn't be able to chase down her swing volleys/putaways if she actually executed correctly.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote