TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

View Single Post

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #331
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phesto View Post
Tsveti lost: 6-0, 6-3
Yeah I'm a bit puzzled by that as well. From accounts of the match, Zakopalova was dictacting the rallies and Tsvetana's groundstrokes weren't doing much to combat it. Which is strange because she can definitely hit solid backhands.

EDIT: turns out the backhand indeed wasn't firing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertomate View Post
Well, that was quite a bad performance from Tsveti, there was no weight or conviction in her hits while all of Zakopalova's shots were heavy and accurate. We kept supporting Pironkova but there was very little to cheer for. Even her backhand was off today. The difference in power and precision between the two players was absolutely glaring. Tsveti was most of the time out of position after 3 or 4 hits. I like Z's game more and more although she wasn't that convincing when I saw her on Monday during the doubles match.
After the match, I quickly met Klara, got a picture, she's quite attractive, which doesn't hurt. About Tsveti, I hope she learns from this match, the intensity and consistency that she lacked, I was quite dissapointed (sp?) but i hope she'll bounce back. It's not the end of the world anyway.
Quote taken from the GM thread.
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote