TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #3731
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

WTA just tweeted this link http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...602356,00.html
there's a little interview to Maria and Na Li

Quote:
PARIS, France - From the trip over to what Paris means to them, Maria Sharapova and Li Na answered a wide range of questions from the press at the Open GDF SUEZ on Monday. Here's a taste of what they said...

Maria Sharapova
On the trip from Moscow to Paris and how she's feeling...
"I got a little under the weather in Moscow, a few days before we started Fed Cup, which was a little bit unfortunate. But it seems to happen to me every single year, so it's nothing new. It's a big change, coming from such different weather conditions. But it's just the way it goes with the scheduling, and I've wanted to play this tournament for so many years now, I'm glad I finally made it."

On her Australian Open fortnight...
"I went into the Australian Open not knowing how things would go, because I didn't have much preparation - I didn't play competitively for a few months, because of an ankle injury. So personally, to have that result in Australia was quite big. It was a good beginning to the year, but we still have many tournaments to go. I'm really looking forward to the season and seeing how it shapes up. I hope I'll even be able to improve and get better."

On her goals for 2012...
"I'm really looking forward to the grass court season. Wimbledon is always a big one for me and a big goal every single year. And two weeks later it's the Olympics, which I've never been a part of in my career, and it's something I've wanted to do and be a part of since I was a little kid. In Russia as an athlete that was the biggest dream, the biggest goal. Tennis wasn't really on the map when I was growing up - it is now. But Winter Olympic sports were the main big things then. Representing my country will be a huge honor for me."

On this being her first appearance at this tournament...
"There have been so many scheduling interferences and times when it just didn't work out one way or another. I got injuries and got sick, and every day in the hotel I had the doctor coming, and I was like, 'Can I play, can I play?' And he was like, 'No, I don't think so, not when your face is orange!' It's one of those tournaments I guess where you just really want to play and things just don't work out. I'm just happy that after so many years I have finally made it."

On the attraction she feels towards Paris...
"It's a tournament I've really wanted to attend, for many reasons. One obviously, being in Paris, one of the most beautiful cities in the world. That's a big attraction for me. I love coming back here and being in Europe."

On Monica Seles, who will play an exhibition in Paris this week...
"I got a chance to play against Monica Seles a couple of times, when I had just started playing professional tournaments. She beat me very easily! But I admired her game and her drive. She had that belief in her and always fought for everything. She was always someone I looked up to when I was younger."
Trih is online now View My Blog!