TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #1923
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
I ignored that grunting could make you run faster, interesting
I didn't imply that grunting makes you run faster. Personally, I just think that Monica ended up getting too distracted by all the buzz about her grunting. Did it take some of the intensity and focus away from her play? I don't know. Did it distract her enough that she couldn't win more than 3 games? We'll never know, but I think it falls within the realm of possibility. Note that just because it is possible doesn't make it a certainty. I still think that Steffi would have beaten her convicingly. Maybe it would still have been the same scoreline. Anyways, these are all 'maybes'and at the end of the day, whatever the surrounding circumstances, Steffi beat Monica with the loss of only three games in one of the most lopsided Wimbledon finals in the Open era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
CKK statement out of context, I doubt it. She said what Peter said and that she herself realised during this SF that Steffi's backhand was bad that day, what does it suggest ?
Now bla bla we get along well. I thought "people (were) are not her thing".
I am just too happy about the last sentence of her last itw :

What were the reactions to your criticism of Steffi and her father?
Peter Graf has only said that he did not say it. What else should he say? Otherwise there were hardly any responses. The interview was primarily about something else.

So no reaction from Steffi not worthy, love her.
I agree that I think it was very classy of Steffi to not comment on any of these interviews. And while I am pretty sure that CKK wasn't taken out of context regarding her comments on Peter Graf, her comments on Steffi may have been taken out of context. But again, what we have is what are written in those interviews and we will never know if CKK was taken out of context. Personally, I have seen so many situations where the media have taken things out of context so I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. In any case, the moral of the story here for CKK and any one in the spotlight is to be careful about what you say.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote