TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #38
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I think that Caroline needs to take control of her future and forget about Piotr (as a coach). Maybe I am wrong but it appears that she has grown as a player as much as she can with him as her coach. Since she became number one there hasn't been much tangible growth in her game, if she is going to stay near the top and hopefully win some slams she needs to keep improving. I'm not convinced that she can do that with Piotr as her coach. The problem Sanchez appears to have run into is that Piotr is still in the picture and ultimately in control. Until Caroline gets rid of him as a coach I think any future coaches/consultants will run into a similar problem and not be able to help Caroline as much as they would without Piotr looking over their shoulder.

Right now her biggest problem is mental. She needs to find a way to take control of key points during matches rather than reverting to being passive and hoping for errors from her opponent. Maybe a new coach will not be able to help with that but we have seen over the last six-eight months that under Piotr she isn't getting any stronger mentally. A change in coach can not make things much worse than they currently are and could make things much better.
100% agree.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!