TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - World Group II...again...

View Single Post

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #2626
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - One step closer to being back in WG! Play-Off in Apr

Christina McHale - Feb. 5

I have to run and catch a flight to Paris tonight for my next tournament but wanted to write one last quick entry about our victory this weekend! I am so excited we won. The weekend and the whole week could not have gone better. I think we prepared really well so I am really excited for the team and I’m so happy we could end on such a great note with the doubles win.

I definitely think has been a great preparation week for me and hopefully for Paris I can continue playing well. I think this week will definitely help me for my upcoming tournaments!

MJF February 5

I am so proud of each and every one of my players. They all contributed to this victory. Christina was exceptional. I thought she played really well both days. I am so proud of her. Serena competed extremely well and found a way to win even though she was not playing her best. She showed the kind of champion she is and how she rises above adversity.

It was so great to see Venus back out there for the doubles match. She had such a good week of practice and really got better reach day. I thought she played really well and hit the ball really well. Liezel I have had every tie and I know what I am getting with her. She once again came through big in practice and in the match and it was great to have Sloane as part of the team this week as well.

It doesn’t happen very often that you win a tie 5-0. In France two years ago, we clinched the tie in the third singles match, so this is the second time we have clinched in three since I have been captain. It is nice, usually you are on the edge every time, but it was great to get through the first three matches and then finish strong, winning the fourth and fifth.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote