TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - World Group II...again...

View Single Post

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #2625
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Fed Cup Thread - One step closer to being back in WG! Play-Off in Apr

From WTATennis:

Huber and Venus Williams needed just 65 minutes to beat Yakimova and Darya Kustova in the doubles, 61 62. Williams was playing her first competitive match since the US Open after being sidelined the last five months with illness.

"It felt great. All of January I've been ramping up my training and trying to get back out here on the tour, so it felt good to play on the team," Williams said afterwards. "I didn't want to push too much - I wanted to keep it concise and go for the win. I just tried to play within myself and get some experience."

Williams was thrilled to play with Huber. "Liezel's really an expert doubles player. I've played against her many times, and every time Serena and I played her we never gave her an inch because we know she can take over. I just feel comfortable playing with her - she has the same attitude as Serena and I, who believe we can achieve anything no matter what the circumstances."

"I'd never played with Venus, but I'd lost plenty against Venus!" Huber said. "It has been fun. It has been an honor. I didn't think I'd have a chance to play this week because Venus and Serena are an awesome team and maybe if it came down to the wire, they had played together before and we had not. But we had a good week of practice - Venus was very eager to practice doubles this week, and when we got out there today she showed she was very comfortable."

I wish I could watch that one. But of course it was not shown here.

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
stefi62 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote