TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's Coach

Thread: Maria's Coach
View Single Post

Old Feb 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #1
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all
Maria's Coach

Thought it might be a good idea to have thread dedicated to the coaching aspect of her career.

For example one question that popped into my head numerous times during Maria's impressive if ultimately disappointing run was: Where would Maria be if she was still working solely with Michael Joyce. Would her rather dismal (for someone of her calibre) results have continued? Or would she have eventually pulled herself together and regained decent form

Do you like Thomas as Maria's coach? I personally think he has a great effect on her and has really improved her game with regards to use of tactics against opponents, see the Kvitova match (but not the Azarenka match ) Is there any other coach you feel would work well/better with Maria (Sanchez? ).

I also remember a thread being created around 09ish 10ish that suggested Maria see a sports psychologist after she seemed to almost needlessly lose all big matches particularly is slams (Dulko, Oudin, Kvitova, Henin). Do people think that this is still advisable even though she seems to have for the most part learned how to battle through these matches again (Garcia at RG, Lisicki a AO, Watson at USO but not Penetta at USO). Anyone think this might help Maria overcome that final hump and allow her to produce better tennis in important finals, seemingly something she struggles with nowadays....

Discuss!
T496 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote