TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup

Thread: Fed Cup
View Single Post

Old Feb 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #169
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
At least they won a set...

Another year with the ones of Luxembourg, Portugal and co!

This is a tragedy, especially if Ukraine is playing world group and even the Romanians' men Davis Cup team was able to hold its place in the strongest class until last year.

And sorry, I don't buy those stories about the sudden injuries here. We'll see next week!
Agree. Moni and Alex are my two fav Romanians by a good distance although I do actually like pretty much all the Romanian players. But both of them really did let their country down by missing this event. And I have to say I'm disappointed in them for that.

Had the team for the doubles match between Poland been Monica and Irina or even Alex and Irina I think Romania might be looking forward to a World Group 2 playoff tie right now. That said it certainly wouldn't have been a formality and what's done is done. They really really really REALLY must get out of this division next year though.

Obviously no criticisms to Irina and Simona and Mihaela who all did extremely well under the circumstances. Irina still hasn't really gotten comfortable on hardcourts yet, although I'm sure in time she will, and Simona isn't much of a doubles player at this point in her career, but both girls, as well as Mihaela who did a super job filling in, gave their best to every match.