TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Goddess in training: Despina Papamichail

View Single Post

Old Feb 5th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #639
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Goddess in training: Despina Papamichail

Despina is a true hero
We may have lost today, but she made me so proud. She beat Kremer, a former top 20 player, 57 64 75 in a very up and down match to keep us alive. Then in the dramatic doubles, she carried the team. We split the first two sets and then were down 1-5 in the third and then started saving match points like crazy to get it to 5-5 and then a third set TB where we continued to save MPs and then even had one of our own before losing 10-8 . Despinas fighting spirit is amazing and I hope that she carries this with her to her next tournament instead of crying about the loss. She really did her best to step up in the absence of our best players and the future looks good for her . She made a name for herself out there. She worked her ass off and was fighting for her life and made the world know who she is and what she is made of

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote