TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Official Married Names Thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 4th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #92
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all
Re: The Official Married Names Thread

This is another great find, though not by me. I only asked someone if they might be able to find something about the player, in this case the Mlle d'Elva who was runner-up in the singles event at the Closed French Championships in 1907. Here's what the person in question was able to point to:

Catherine Henriette Josephe d'Aliney d'Elva
Born 31 March 1888 in Changé
Died 14 January 1977 in Paris
Married François Guillaume Henri Marie Gérard, 23 April 1908 in Paris

Catherine's husband, whose family name was Gérard, was the eldest son of a baron and in time he became one too. They had one child, a daughter called Antoinette. Catherine appears to have given up tournament play after her marriage.

The d'Elva family has roots in the commune of Changé in the Pays de la Loire region of north-west France: http://gw1.geneanet.org/garric?lang=...+aliney+d+elva
-----
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!