TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Cheering Eleni in 2012

View Single Post

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 04:45 AM   #27
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cheering Eleni in 2012

^Agreed. Such a shame

And they got destroyed in doubles, kinda expected though

Did you guys see what the Goerges fans were saying? I took a peek in their subforum and they were so rude, I was watching the stream and it was heartbreaking to see Eleni in pain. They kept calling Eleni a useless player, a bad player, they were making fun of her tennis when she was obviously injured, calling her a lesbian, saying that she took medical timeouts just to try and throw off Goerges. And then they said that Eleni retired because she knew she had no shot and that she just wanted to get a hug from Julia

I don't think they were joking and it's really inappropriate. Eleni was clearly in pain and she was crying. I felt so bad for her watching it. Also some idiots on a Greek sports forum kept saying that Eleni should just retire from tennis instead of embarrassing herself. Here is what I had to say for those of you interested:
http://www.greeksoccer.com/forums/in...049954&st=1740
Everything is on this page...

Now about Eleni, I'm very upset with her. She committed to Fed Cup this week but she is not coming now. I understand that she was injured but now she said she is 100%. It's really frustrating because she means everything to the team and Gerasimou and Georgatou both aren't playing so we really need Eleni. She has neglected her country and now we might face relegation. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but of we get relegated it is Eleni's fault. She made a commitment to our team so she needs to honor that commitment instead of just sitting at home in Thessaloniki. If she didn't commit in the first place or was injured it would be different, but she is really harming the team now. We were counting on her. She is our best player and she knows how important she is to the team. She has neglected the Fed Cup team many times in the past and I have forgiven her for that but now I'm very upset with her. I know many of you don't care about Fed Cup and many of you aren't Greek so it doesn't concern you guys, but it bothers me. I take Fed Cup very seriously and it irks me that Eleni took up someone else's spot on this team. If she initially said that she wouldn't play then we could easily call up Gerasimou since she said she still trains sometimes and she would be our best player after Papamichail. Now our chances to stay in Group 1 are in jeopardy. I just hope for a miracle that Eleni stops by in Israel on her way to Pattaya City just to play the tie against Bosnia so we can win

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote