TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit

View Single Post

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:50 AM   #329
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all
Re: 2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit

Rogowska won 6-1 6-4. she cruised through the first set but went down 3-0 in the second and started getting a bit annoyed, the wind was pretty bad at times. i was near her coach and he thought the other girl was playing pretty well. Olivia got it right back to 3-3 and then just played steady to finish it off.

Storm lost 6-1 7-6 (3), but she did pretty well really. she was down 6-1 and 5-1 by making a lot of errors, Putintseva just looked steady but i didn't see the first set. anyway i was watching Jones and Millman on the court near Storm, and i saw that some of their rallies were going as long as two points of Jones-Millman so i went to watch Storm when she was 4-1 down. there were lots of Sanders forehand to Putintseva backhand rallies, and Storm was starting to get on top of most of them. Putintseva was going off her face by 5-2 and even got a racket abuse warning at about 5-3. she was also pretty unhappy when she broke a string on break point for Storm to get it back on serve at 5-4. Storm held easily for 5-5 and they both held for 6-6, no match points or set points. Putintseva upped the ante in the tie-break and Storm started making errors again. it was 3-3 but Putintseva won four points in a row after they changed.

Bobusic d Hadzic 7-5 1-6 6-1. only saw the third set but it looked like it was just Bojana being more solid than Azra from the back of the court. Boj had a good consistent deep ball as well as the occasional shot a few metres out. Azra hit some good shots when she was set up for them but made too many errors. good effort from Azra to get a set though.

Starr d whoever she played, she won the first, lost the second and won the third 6-3. i didn't know who she was at first and i thought she looked like Larcher de Brito because of her hair and her backhand looked similar from where i was watching. i was half watching this as well as Lu and Frost because the courts were next to each other. Starr actually looked pretty solid, much better than the 800-something player who lost in 25k quallies last year, and they had some good rallies too. the chick she played had one of those grunts that sounds like she's saying "air" but really long and dragged out and it just went on forever! Starr was relying on her opponent's errors mostly, but was good at finishing off a short ball and even coming into the net. the match went for a long time and Starr looked quite relieved it was over at the end.

i saw Sally playing too from a distance but i don't know whether she won or lost, but she did have a skit near the end where she missed a shot near the net, then yelled out "Sallyyyyyyy!!!", bent down on her knees and smacked her racket on the ground. also Khromacheva was happy to let everyone in Burnie know when she won a point by screaming out "allez!!! c'mon!!!!" so many times i lost count!
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote