TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2012 FED CUP Thread --- 1R vs Spain

View Single Post

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #34
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: 2012 FED CUP Thread --- 1R vs Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen View Post
I'm coming into this tournament with fresh optimism. Sure, Maria just got a bit of a beatdown, but she made a final that none of us expected, played pretty well in every match before the final, and importantly, managed to sustain a reasonable serve standard throughout the tourament, not perfect, but improved.

There's currently a thread in GM about the top 5's trajectories in the last year, and it made me realise something nice. Currently, Maria has 7560 points. Coming out of last years AO, she had less than 3000 (2936) - an improvement of over 4600 points. That's seriously awesome, considering the lower end top 10 players don't even have 4600 points. All is not well, but it sure as hell isn't the doom and gloom we all felt the other day!
Yes, it's something Maria should be very proud of.

However, it's cold in high places, 3,700 of Maria's ranking points came from 3 slams alone. Hopefully Maria will continue to excel at slams and even better, to win 1 or 2.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote