TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Who here has Social Anxiety/Phobia or exhibit the symptms of it?

View Single Post

Old Jan 27th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #43
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future
Re: Who here has Social Anxiety/Phobia or exhibit the symptms of it?

I think I have social anxiety or anxiety in general. I'm fine with public speaking, but I hate hanging out with friends because I got very self-conscious about my mannerisms and looks when I was younger. I think I have an avoidant personality, above everything else.

My mom always criticized me for not doing this or not doing that (basic social graces in her eyes) and always compared me to my friends & peers, or whenever I felt bad because of a messy friendship, my mom would always say "Look at you. There's a reason why your friend did that. You're ________." So then I decided that friends were far less important than my studies, and so the topsy-turviness of my priorities have manifested to me becoming the biggest worrier among my peers which alienates me even more .

Now I (unsuccessfully) find ways to skip school and to avoid interaction because I dread dealing with people.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote