TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jan 25th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #3222
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
No, I wasn't specifically referring to tennisforum, just something I've seen a lot.
It's a lazy direction journalism has taken... "CNN Factor' Making a meal of "Now", every thing "Now" is breaking, "LIVE", stop press etc.

Basically they are loosing money and loud headlines and current exaggerated news is the de facto method of competition, especially among the rags that sell copies.

Sadly nobody reads, or rather Pays for High quality journalism anymore. Thats why You have PBS, and Europe has State owned Channels... Alas, even our State owned Channels are heading toward sensationalism these days.