TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Elizaveta Kulichkova

View Single Post

Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 04:24 PM   #4
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elizaveta Kulichkova

And finally, here are some comments from Elizaveta after her big victory.

From the ITF Junior circuit website.

Fifteen-year-old Kulichkova dedicated the victory to her mother and said she was thrilled with the win, even though it came at the expense of beating her friend and training partner in Flink. "At the start of the tournament my dream was to reach the final and win but I never thought it would be with my compatriot,” said Kulichkova. “It was hard playing against Vavara. She is much stronger physically and has a very good game so it was always going to be difficult, plus I felt something strange because it was someone from my country and had to overcome that.”

In a fluctuating final, Kulichkova dominated the first set before Flink hit back. She led the first set 5-3 only to see Kulichkova fight her way back and wrestle the momentum her way. "I know her game well and that helped me develop a strategy,” said Kulichkova. “The key to winning was to keep constant attack and try to win every point not to miss any opportunity and to try and mix things up against her.”

From the tournament website, translated (badly) into English.

"I was hard pressed to know that my opponent would be my friend Varvara Flink, with whom I trained for a while but never had to face in the field, my main strategy was the concentration felt it was a good game. The first set I was dominant and therefore believed that the following would Igua."
"I feel with a good level of play, but I still was difficult, especially sudden death, and I have to accept that in the second set I lost concentration. She was winning 5-3, I knew I had to pull myself together or I could lose. I had to develop a strategy to attack your weaknesses because I know his game."
"I dedicate the win to my mom, whom I have not seen or will see in a long time and miss you too and I hope you are watching on television."
"My biggest goal is to become the number one."