TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Season News + 2012 - Australia.

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 06:21 PM   #157
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Season News + 2012 - Australia.

It was such a flat performance, tbh. She didn't even hit a single return winner, made many return errors though, and her serve wasn't there either. Many of her shots were just sitting up. She did say in her post match interview: "I think either my ball was not going fast enough or she was extremely fast. I don't know what was going on. But I really felt I couldn't penetrate and I couldn't hit winners, which usually I can do quite easily". She didn't say that there was anything physically wrong though, so I guess it was just one of those days.

Jie played well, taking the ball early and redirecting, but even still, she had a negative winner to error ratio. I've seen her play much better.

I think we all expected too much. Bar 2009, her record in Australia is pretty poor.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote