TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Season News + 2012 - Australia.

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 05:21 PM   #157
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Season News + 2012 - Australia.

It was such a flat performance, tbh. She didn't even hit a single return winner, made many return errors though, and her serve wasn't there either. Many of her shots were just sitting up. She did say in her post match interview: "I think either my ball was not going fast enough or she was extremely fast. I don't know what was going on. But I really felt I couldn't penetrate and I couldn't hit winners, which usually I can do quite easily". She didn't say that there was anything physically wrong though, so I guess it was just one of those days.

Jie played well, taking the ball early and redirecting, but even still, she had a negative winner to error ratio. I've seen her play much better.

I think we all expected too much. Bar 2009, her record in Australia is pretty poor.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Keothavong MJMS

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Zakapalova Errani

Baltacha Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote