TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jan 21st, 2012, 11:26 AM   #3174
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I know. I'm a JJ fan and it bums me out that the two fanbases can't seem to get along.

It should be a good match. I'm looking forward to it.
I used to be a JJ fan. And I still do like her. But I very rarely go into her forum and the last time I posted there was the Fed Cup. It's just a nasty atmosphere there now and it didn't use to be.

To my mind - the reason the two fan-bases don't get along is totally the fault of the JJ fans - or rather two of the JJ fans there. I just went to have a look at JJ's forum and I see Lepa calling Caro "sly and opportunist". - and that's tame compared with the hatred for Caro he/she posted in the past. You do not get any Caro fans spewing venom at JJ calling her names and insulting her or constantly running down her achievement of getting to #1 here on Caro's forum.

I think it' is just a couple of them and a few others then may just join in. But I don't like it there. They turned on JJ as well in a nasty way when Caro beat her the last two times because of course it can never be that Caro did anything right. Her matches are never in her own hands.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!