TennisForum.com - View Single Post - R.I.P. Megaupload

View Single Post

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #11
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R.I.P. Megaupload

The vast majority of tennis matches uploaded over the past five or six years... gone in an instant. Depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisse View Post
Megaupload
I don't really get how the owners are being charged with so many offences, when you uploaded something to the site you checked a box which acknowledged that you owned the copyright etc.. and have read the rules and regulations....can't see how the owners are to blaim for what the users upload. btw - Their even trying to charge the site's graphic designer!? WTF
Yeah, I'm sure the US government will use all available resources to apprehend this dangerous criminal on the run.

Quote:
Megaupload was unique not only because of its massive size and the volume of downloaded content, but also because it had high-profile support from celebrities, musicians and other content producers who are most often the victims of copyright infringement and piracy. Before the website was taken down, it contained endorsements from Kim Kardashian, Alicia Keys and Kanye West, among others.
Sounds like MU became too high-profile for its own good.

Quote:
The company listed Swizz Beatz, a musician who married Keys in 2010, as its CEO. He was not named in the indictment and declined to comment through a representative.
That's... interesting, assuming it's true - which seems unlikely, since he wasn't indicted. But I'm sure having influential friends within the American music industry doesn't hurt in cases like this.