TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jan 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #3135
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I first read media reports. Sounded like Nooni was robbing Nalban, but then I bothered to watch the clip and it becomes not so clear cut. The casual strolling up to check the mark. The thinking about if to challenge or not. Looking up. Looking down. Finally, raising a hand (indicating a challenge).

No, I am sorry. I am with Nooni on this one.
Eh, I don't think it is fair to say that one call cost Nalbandian the match but it was a weird situation. Nalbandian heard that it was called out and Isner raised his finger to challenge, it probably would have made sense for Nouni to give him a little more time than usual to understand what was happening, especially since Nouni's overrule turned out to be wrong. It seems a little wrong for him to overrule, be wrong about it and not give the player a chance to challenge. Ultimately it is Nalbandian's fault that he was not able to keep focused and win the match but on that one point he was clearly wronged.

It would help a great deal if there was better consistency. Sometimes players need to challenge immediately and other times they are allowed to take longer than they should. There should be a standard time limit that is strictly enforced.

Of course I have had a burning hatred of John Isner dating back to the 2007 US Open when he took a set off of Federer so I may be biased.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!