TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #3131
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Anyone else planning to watch the Hewitt/Roddick match tomorrow? It's kind of funny how things worked out for the two of them. Ten years ago it looked like they would be among the dominant players but then some guy from Switzerland came along and they were both shunted off to the side.

I'm hoping Andy wins mostly because I think he will be a tougher opponent for Djokovic but it would be good to see Lleyton win also, the last time he defeated Andy was way back in 2005.
I'll probably watch it, yes. I don't think that Hewitt has much of a chance unless Roddick self-destructs. In his heyday he could on a good day outlast most players, but in his first round match here it seemed that he needed to recover for one and a half sets after winning the first two. He's no longer able to keep up the intensity for three or four hours like he could in the past. Against lesser opposition he might be able to give away sets when he wants to take it easy for half an hour or so and still win the match, but I don't think he can afford to do that against Roddick.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!