TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Chris Evert Thread

View Single Post

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #2113
country flag laschutz

laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chris Evert Thread

i had always thought chrissie was injured, not sick in her match with sanchez vicario.. a very painful heel spur on her left foot which caused her not to be able to not only hit her backhand and step into it, but caused her not to be able to run or slide either.. the fact that she was in so much pain and could get 7 games off of sanchez vicario is saying something at least to me... in hindsight she should not have even entered the french that year....

yeah,those 1989 losses to paulas and later to anne minter?! at the canadian open right before the u.s. open and the poorly played mentally and physically match loss to garrison after being "super chrissie" destroying seles.. all led evert to her right decision that is was type to hang it up..

actually i think her feelings of retirement probably started in 1987.. not only the emergence of graf and sabatini, but losses to shriver and hanika and kate gompert?! started the belief in her mind and the reality of her play that when she started to lose to these inferior players whether because she mentally wasn't up for these matches or if it was physical in that her form and talent was ebbbing or a combination of both was evert's first notice her career was coming to a close...
laschutz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote