TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Lucie Motivated for Melbourne Masterpiece

View Single Post

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #13
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lucie Motivated for Melbourne Masterpiece

I like the title too.

Sorana and Lucie together= lots of big hitting, not a lot of thinking. Could be great, could be an errorfest. Fun to see though. Grandin and Uhlirova are pretty much the opposite. They are weaker singles players (Grandin is a little out of shape) but they use their heads to play good doubles. Both teams will have lefty-righty combinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbloom View Post
I know nothing about Mchale's game, is she a big server, a big hitter, a ball pusher or something like Niculescu
Not like Niculescu, thank goodness.

It's quite hard to define her game. She doesn't hit the ball really big, and some people have described her as a pusher but I don't think that's quite right. She has a better serve than you would expect from her. She's not that big but she gets reasonable pop on it and places it quite well. No doubt Lucie will help her serve to look even better than normal.

Off the ground she hits quite solidly but not huge. Sometimes she gets tight and starts pushing it, but at other times she hits through the ball pretty well, especially with the forehand. I think she's more of a thinking player than anything. Nothing like Lucie.

To get some idea, you can see highlights of one of Christina's best matches (the win over Caro) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN-fEb88sE4

Lucie should be able to target her weaker bh side, but then you never really know what Lucie will come up with.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote