TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Jelena Ostapenko

View Single Post

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #9
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Ostapenko

Disappointing loss to be honest. It's actually her third first round loss in a row. She lost in the first round of Eddie Herr, Orange Bowl and now Loy Yang Traralgon. So I guess she's in a bit of a slump at the moment. She definitely has talent but maybe she's just going through a difficult period. I'm sure she'll overcome it. She's still so young. We'll see how she does at the Australian Open in a week's time.

I'm not sure if she's playing Tallinn or Fed Cup. I definitely think she'll make her professional debut some time this year in some $10,000 and $25,000 events. I think she's a bit too young for Fed Cup. Maybe next year.

By the way I just realised I made a mistake in my previous post. I meant I saw Khromacheva cry hysterically when she lost to Putintseva in the 2009 Les Petits As final, not Eddie Herr. I don't know why I said Eddie Herr.