TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What tennis racquet do you use?

View Single Post

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #253
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

I bought a Babolat APD GT for Christmas, or rather got one as a Xmas present, and chose to have it strung with Pro Hurricane Tour 16 on mains at 59 and VS gut 16 on crosses at 57, and I like it quite a bit, though it after a weekend of hard hitting I felt it in shoulder. I think that has to be the poly strings in the mains.

I will say, it yields more control than the Prince O3 Speedport white/synthetic gut w/ Duraflex combo I've been playing with the past few years, which in turn allows me to hit out as hard as I want--I think that's where the shoulder pain may be coming from. I may eventually go back to a synthetic string though, if the pain persists. But I do like the controlled power I can generate with that racquet.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote