TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Europe/Africa Zone I 2012

View Single Post

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #34
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Europe/Africa Zone I 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose. View Post
I wonder why people really think Kanepi/Kontaveit or any with Ruutel can beat all the doubles teams, I mean Kanepi is not that good in doubles and Kontaveit is quite unexperienced. Also I don't think Netherlands can manage to win that Group C, they have a lot of players in the team but Peer can beat all them and Peer/Glushko can be a dangerous team specially playing in front of the Israeli crowd... Wouldn't be a surprise if Israel gets past that group...
Bad draw for Israel. Peer should win out, even though she was run over by Rus once in Fed Cup, and of course we should beat Portugal with ease (god forbid if we don't), but I wish I could share your optimism regarding the ties vs GBR and the Netherlands.
Yes Glushko was very good last year, but she beat some top 200 players (Linette, Kremer, Kostova), and top 100 ones are a very different story for her. From memory I think she has one such win for her career (Groth in a 25K in Australia, not counting the recent Israeli ch. final vs Peer). If she could beat one of Keothavong or Krajicek it would be a pleasant surprise.
Peer/Glushko aren't that good a team and are not favored in those ties either.

The young Dutch team were very impressive last year and I think they will win the group over the Brits.

Groups A-B (with Hungary missing its top two players) are considerably weaker than C and D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
We got Bosnia so there is hope if we can get past them

GO GREECE!

Stefanou (honestly I didn't even know there is such a player...)
Good luck to you

P.S. I wasn't aware that not too long ago you've fallen as low as Group III

Last edited by Archer16 : Jan 11th, 2012 at 05:28 PM.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote