TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Irina Khromacheva becoming Belgian?

View Single Post

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #16
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Irina Khromacheva becoming Belgian?

I think it says that she will turn Belgian in a few years but it's not a priority right now. I guess it's not that easy for Russians to get Belgian nationality. She's lived in Namur for 3 years but will move to Wilrijk soon.

The VTV didn't require her to change nationality, but that means they're only doing training at the VTV facilities - the actual Belgians get financial support too.

He describes her as a very talented player, already quite complete with both an attacking and defending game. He also praises her mental skills and her will to win, and says she is working hard on improving her physical condition (where they are also working with Clijsters' physio, Sam Verslegers)

He claims that she manages to stay cool-headed on important points, but that she is not yet consistent. He doesn't want to compare her to anyone on the women's circuit, but says he sees something of Rafael Nadal in her, both in her mentality and her game style. Both lefties, too.

Aim for this season: 1 junior GS, qualify for a senior GS, and finish top-200.
game wins: FITD US Open '12, Guangzhou '10 (#1 since 8 July 2013), TT Indian Wells '11, TT doubles Moskva '11, Brussel '12, Pattaya '13, Stuttgart '13 (w/Andreas), PAW 4 titles, Suicide Olympic gold + 2 titles, Tipping 3 titles (#1 for 25 weeks, USO Series '12), Q-Ball 7 titles, Blackjack #1 2012, Pentathlon #1 2012 (5 titles)
Азарэнка | Павлюченкова | Arvidsson | Halep | Eikeri | Clijsters | Rus | Van Uytvanck | Watson | Bertens | Superboerin Hogenkamp | Weijers
Håkon is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote