TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #3084
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I really like Murray and Mayer. Fine, they haven't won any slams yet but they're great to watch.
Have some vague recollection that some guy named 'Mayer' plays in the ATP;all I know about him is that he's virtually zero threat to challenge the Triumvirate,and it's hard for me to rate someone like that as "great".

As for Murray,there's no question that he's a talent but--and I hope that I'm not offending patriotism for your adopted U.K.(I promise to never insult any South Polar players)--he went into total chickens--t mode when he faced Fed in the men's AO final(was that 2010?).It would've been different if he had been some inexperienced teen in his first big match vs. the living legend.He just 'pushed' the whole match as if he were waiting for Fed to beat himself with UEs;he was scared to even go for his shots,a totally cowardly strategy.He'll have to redeem himself somehow for me to EVER consider him a great champion

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!