TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Coming out...

Thread: Coming out...
View Single Post

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #17
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: Coming out...

This is going to be long(ish) so thanks to everyone who reads it

I know it sounds cheezy, but TF has helped me a lot in a way of finding out who I am and accepting it and during my time on TF I have hatched from the gay egg
I was very closed and quiet about my sexuality and I really didn't think about it because I didn't want to. Last year was my first year of high school and I can honestly say it was the hardest part of my life so far. School wise it was great, I was one of the best students(if not the best) and I am now too, but the thing is, of course, it was so hard for me to adapt in the relatively cruel environment of a high school. I was bullied on a daily basis and I was teased and even threatened, gay hate is pretty high here.

So of course, I was going through a rough patch, I was sad most of the time, I even cried often before I went to bed, I had nightmares, etc. I realized that I wasn't like 'others' at the age around 13-14, but I didn't pay too much attention to it, but then I realized I couldn't control it and it was a part of who I was/am/will be. Psychologically it's very hard to accept yourself and your sexuality, because you just know it's not always going to be easy. But at that point I still didn't accept it and I swore that I wold never be with a man.

But then came summer and the long summer break, possibly the most memorable and meaningful period in my life. I just needed a break from everything and 3 months of summer break were just enough! I had an absolutely fabulous time. I went on holidays to Spain and it was amazing to say the least, I had so much fun with my friends, so many great memories and so many things that I did that I didn't do before it was just awesome. And then of course I joined TF which was also life-changing. I saw how other people like me live and what were their stories like and I don't know, everything changed for the better from then on! I finally accepted who I was and my eternal struggle is over.I even had the courage to tell my friends I was gay, so in a way I am already living a new chapter in my life and so far I like it. I am much, much, much more confident, mature and happy now. I don't care what other people think anymore, I just care about my closest family and friends.

Even though some may say homosexuality is a curse, in a way I feel like it's a gift, because we mature at such a young age and see the world with much different eyes, much wider. We get to experience love on a whole new level
Since this is basically the "beginning" of my life I can say that I am excited, but also nervous at the same time. Anyway, it's gonna be one wild ride
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote