TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jan 6th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #3072
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissMiss19 View Post
Oh yeah, not sure if you guys gave your opinion about the comment Serena made about her no love for tennis. That is the biggest croc I've read. She really knows how to lay it on thick. Let me tell you, with nothing but honesty, that it is impossible to become as good as Serena and not love the sport. Impossible.
Well I haven't read the full context of the statement, however, I will say that it's more than possible to excel in a field you detest. History is littered with examples of this. Further, we are never fully privy to the circumstance surrounding a persons life, and there is always the possibility of unknowns involved, and the very personal interpretation of the cost of success and the battles involved.

BTW, thanks for the update re your tennis, Always good to hear, and my apologies for missing that post earlier.