TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Favorite Wozniacki Match?

View Single Post

Old Dec 30th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #16
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Favorite Wozniacki Match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Most of my favorite matches have already been described by others but Rogers Cup 10 vs. Schiavone has only been listed, not described. That match is special to me because it was the first time I saw Caro play a match at a truly high and consistent level. She'd had great wins before but they were often up and down matches where wore her opponent down in the end (Kuznetsova USO 09 and Zvonareva Doha 09 being examples). The Schiavone match was the first time I saw Caro being both agressive and solid from beginning to end and simply outclass a high ranked, well-playing opponent. Fran didn't play bad at all in the match, Caro was just on another level.
The match is also special because it signalled a new level in Caro's game which she maintaned almost unbroken from Summer 10 to the end of Spring 11 HC season.
There's a video with highlights from the match on Youtube (not great quality, unfortunately). The female commentator sums up the match with the words: "Very clean, total control with great agression". I couldn't have said it better myself. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14njWGYtIdM

Thanks for posting the link. I had missed this match but I just watched the highlights! Impressive stuff from Caroline, hitting aces and winners from both wings with tons of confidence and of course defending brilliantly
It would be great to see this "form" back again in Australia!

W
ozniacki - Stephens - Vandeweghe
Townsend - Stosur - Kvitova
Isner - Wawrinka - Sock - Berdych - Raonic

Bonfire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote