TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What tennis racquet do you use?

View Single Post

Old Dec 19th, 2011, 03:04 AM   #246
country flag graffite

graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold graffite is a splendid one to behold
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

So, I went to the store armed with all my notes on head size, swing weight, frame stiffness and was ready to break out the momentum equation, so as to appear knowledgeable and not some weak-willed person the guy can sell anything to. He was recommending a Yonex E-Zone or Babolat based on my swing and I listened to everything but it seems my mind was made up to buy the Head Instinct S, so I just bought it :-)

Now, some may think I just gave in to marketing that is made for fools like me and.... you'd be right. :P

It's an indulgence really, given my level and frequency of playing but I've just been inspired recently to pick up a racquet after a while of not playing. If Sharapova is the cause of that, so be it.

Besides, I did do *some* research: After many contradicting opinions of "light and head-heavy is bad" vs "Get a lighter racquet if your shoulder hurts" and "power vs control" and all that jazz, I thought the Instinct S was the easiest decision because it seemed mid-way for all the features.

Now, if only I could find a tennis partner other than a wall....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture1.jpg (69.6 KB, 16 views)
graffite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote