TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Dec 11th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #218
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

After reaching the final on Saturday, the fifth-seeded Kontaveit spoke openly about wanting to garner some revenge on No. 2 seed Yulia Putintseva, to whom Kontaveit lost 6-2, 1-6, 6-4, in the quarterfinals of last week’s Eddie Herr, a tournament which Putintseva ultimately won. She did exactly that on Sunday, coming out firing on all cylinders and banging out numerous winners from her forehand side, which clearly frustrated the fiery and vocal Putintseva.

But the rains came at 1-all in the second set, leading to a 90-minute delay, which gave Putintseva time for rest and rejuvenation while stunting Kontaveit’s momentum. Upon returning to the court, Kontaveit double faulted twice and got broken to go down 1-2. From there, however, Kontaveit regained her form, immediately broke back, and then ripped off four straight games to take the match and the title 6-2, 6-2. With the win, Kontaveit becomes the first Estonian to win an Orange Bowl title.

"I was much more aggressive and played really well today," she said. "I really did attack every ball, and I think that’s what brought me success today. It’s so exciting to win this title, both for myself and for Estonia!"
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote