TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Dec 11th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #238
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

What a sweet-sweet revenge!
Anett beat seeds 1 (through ret., but still), 2 and 3. Such a great way to finish the year

About Bouchard's match:
Quote:
After a very topsy-turvy match, Kontaveit advanced on Saturday when top seed Eugenie Bouchard of Canada retired due to a stomach injury in the third set with Kontaveit leading 0-6, 6-4, 4-2. Bouchard tried valiantly to end the match in the second set, despite losing the first five games. She won four straight to work her way back into the set, but Kontaveit was able to convert on her first set point and force a third.

"I couldn’t find my game at all in the first set, but really started playing better in the second set," Kontaveit said. "I couldn’t tell she was hurt and was really shocked when she retired at the end there."

Asked about her ensuing rematch with Putintseva, Kontaveit replied, "I lost a tough match to her last week, so I’m really excited about getting the chance for revenge."
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote