TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Chris Evert Thread

View Single Post

Old Dec 11th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #2078
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
Oh, it's not that long, just the time it takes to go away and make yourself a cup of tea! Mind you, it is not the best tennis at all, and boy does Evert hit some duff shots! Funny to compare this to her play at her very next tournament, which is when she beat Navratilova on grass at Eastbourne in a truly epic match. Mind you, there is one very deceptive drop shot that makes Wendy fall over. Turnbull looks a lot like Martina here. My French is not very good, but I think they said that Evert won 6-2, 6-0! They start with the presentation ceremony - you see a ballboy fighting with a photographer (!) as the girls walk up and the woman presenting the Suzanne Lenglen trophy can hardly lift it.
It only takes a few seconds to appear on the systems I've used. The final score was 6-2, 6-0 and they were kind enough to show one of the games won by Wendy. There was no one in that tournament capable of hurting Chris on clay. Tracy Austin, who had just beaten her in Rome, ending her record winning streak, didn't take part.
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote